- DO NOT USE THIS SITE FOR LIFE AND DEATH DECISIONS!
- The site is called the Tropical Cyclone Guidance
Project because it provides model guidance and forecast aids that
are useful to forecasters. In no way is this site meant to provide
"guidance" on what you should do in a tropical cyclone.
- ALWAYS abide by evacuation orders from your local emergency officials.
- This site does NOT provide any official forecast information. For
official storm information including watches and warnings, rely on the
Regional Specialized Meteorological Center (RSMC) or Tropical Cyclone Warning
Center (TCWC) that is designated to provide official warnings for your country or
region. Warnings for your area may also be issued by your National
Hydro Meteorological Service (NHMC).
- In the United States, the National Hurricane Center is the designated RSMC for providing overall tropical cyclone warnings. The National Weather Service offices provide more specific warning information and forecasts for local areas.
- The plots shown on this web site show forecast aids that are derived from various numerical weather prediction models, statistical models, and other methods. These forecast aids come from multiple numerical weather prediction centers around the world, as well as from research groups, and possibly other sources. Some of the forecast aids may be EXPERIMENTAL and have little or no accuracy or skill. Even the best models are frequently prone to LARGE errors. ABSOLUTELY NO GUARANTEES are made as to the accuracy or timeliness of this data. None of the information here should be considered as official guidance!
- Although this site is designed to function in real-time, it is not maintained in a 24/7 operational environment. Outages may occur at any time and without any warning.
- This web site has been designed for tropical cyclone experts and researchers to be able to share and evaluate forecast aids in a real-time setting. If you're not an expert, you are welcome to view this site, but realize these resources are provided for informational and educational purposes only.